Wednesday, April 6, 2011

The Werewolvs of Baton Rouge—Alcide Round 8

This is the house of Jessie’s youngest boy, Alcide Winchester, his wife Frances Lum Winchester, and their two children, Sookie and Adrian.  If you need to refresh yourself, check out the family tree for this round.

Alcide Winchester

  1. Loves the Outdoors
  2. Artistic
  3. Athletic
  4. Family Oriented
  5. Handy

Lifetime Want—Reach the top of the sports career—Achieved!

Frances Lum Winchester

  1. Can’t Stand Art
  2. Easily Impressed
  3. Hopeless Romantic
  4. Light Sleeper
  5. Slob

Lifetime Want—Golden Fingers/Golden Tongue

Sookie Winchester

  1. Easily Impressed
  2. Good
  3. Friendly
  4. Family Oriented

Adrian Winchester

  1. Athletic
  2. Brave
  3. Hotheaded

This is a pretty close-knit family.  Although they’re always working on their own things, they often spend a lot of time together.

8Alcide001

8Alcide011

Frances spends all her time at work.  Working on her charisma skill is REALLY hard when she’s so drained from work.  So I let her spend her free time playing guitar, because it makes her happy.  She also still loves throwing her large campaign fund-raiser parties.  This approach seemed to work.  She was elected Mayor of Baton Rouge and eventually Governor of Louisiana.

8Alcide002

8Alcide042

Sookie likes lounging by her friend’s pool, and she still loves cooking for the family and trying out new recipes.

8Alcide009

8Alcide029

Adrian just loves to play.  He has his cousins over to play with frequently.  He likes hanging out with his cousin Rita, even if she is a girl.  Despite being hotheaded, he likes making new friends.

8Alcide017

8Alcide020

8Alcide024

8Alcide036

Also note Adrian’s room got a makeover this round.  No longer a nursery, it is now a cool but natural-looking boy’s room.  I’m really proud of my redesign.

8Alcide027

Alcide made it to the top of the sports career.  He’s such a super star now, he hardly has to do any actual work.  He spends most of his time instead working on his martial arts.  Since he’s already completed his lifetime want and made it to the top of his career, I thought I’d focus on this new skill to explore.  He completed the Timber Terminator Challenge by breaking 150 boards.  He can easily break space rocks now, and I’m hoping that his nephew Tommy from next door can come over and pick up the gems created from the activity when it’s his house’s round again.

8Alcide083

He also decided to teach martial arts to his sister, Christy, but um … that doesn’t look so safe, Alcide and Christy.

8Alcide088

That’s better.

8Alcide092

If I understand correctly, you have to visit China to compete in the sparing tournaments, so I let Alcide take a little vacation on his own to spar with some other martial arts enthusiasts.  Alcide made it to rank three.

8Alcide059

8Alcide061

8Alcide066

I also had him go fishing to collect some Chinese fish to bring back home.  He used them to start his own Koi pond.

8Alcide111

8Alcide090

Back at home, Sookie’s made a new friend that likes to hang out around the house with the family a lot.  Her name is Sabine.  Aww, look, everyone’s studying.

8Alcide081

Adrian asked his sister to take him over to his friend Eric’s house so he could play.

8Alcide044

Yes, that’s a little boy Eric Northmann.  Eventually I’ll let him marry Elyssa, one of Christy’s triplets.  But I wanted to watch them grow up together.  Who could resist little Eric???  No one, I say.

Anyway, it was here that Sookie met Eric’s older brother, Bill.  They got to talking as Adrian and Eric played, and they instantly fell for each other.  When they realized they were both family oriented, the courtship started.  And by the way, yes, I did make Bill and Eric townie brother.  I thought it was a funny thing to do, and also in this sims game I’ve taken a lot of my role play characters and put them in different relationships.  It just keeps things interesting.

8Alcide047

8Alcide048

One interesting thing that happened this round was that Frances found a harvester (it’s an invention that came with Ambitions) at the resale store.  I had her buy it, not sure what it did.  You stand in the center of stuff you want to pick up, and then have your sim use it.  It sucks up everything nearby as your sim spins around.  I had really hoped that this would help with gardening.  I absolutely love gardening and watching what grows, but I hate that it decreases hygiene so much and does not add any fun.  It just doesn’t seem fair compared to other skills for me.  Especially since there’s a don’t break a sweat athletic tone.  But this device was a disappointment for me.  It made my sim dizzy and nauseated very easily.  She almost always got sick after using it.  And also it sucked up EVERYTHING, not just produce.  Frances ended up stealing Matty’s gnome and some of Tommy’s space rocks, which is just not cool or very neighborly.

8Alcide099

For Adrian’s birthday, I planned a really big party.  I wanted to make it as close to a real kid’s birthday party as I could.  So I invited all his relatives, and they started off by playing games in the yard.

8Alcide127

8Alcide114

8Alcide115

8Alcide123

8Alcide125

Inside they had more teen-friendly activities like music and dancing.

8Alcide120

8Alcide122

8Alcide130

8Alcide119

And then, of course, birthday cake.

8Alcide135

8Alcide140

Adrian Winchester

  1. Athletic
  2. Brave
  3. Hotheaded
  4. Commitment Issues

That isn’t how I thought he’d look based on how he looked as a toddler and child.  I can never tell how someone is going to grow-up!  But I can see a lot of his Grandfather Lum’s genes in him.  I’ll reuse the family tree picture I took when he was a toddler, because I forgot to take one now that he’s a teen, but you can see Frances’ father.  I think Adrian takes after him a lot.

And ha ha ha, I’ve got a sim that’s a hot-headed player now.  He’ll be a womanizing ladies man as a teen, but eventually he’ll settle down.  I’ve plans for a wife and kids for him regardless of his wishes.

Accomplishments this round:

  • Alcide accomplished the Timber Terminator Challenge—break at least 150 boards
  • Alcide made it to Rank 3 of the Sparring Tournament
  • Alcide completed the Marathon Runner Skill Challenge
  • Alcide became a Sports Legend, level 10
  • Frances is the Governor of Louisiana, level 8
  • Sookie completed the Botanical Boss Challenge—harvesting perfect fruit.  Much easier now that I have so many gardens in the neighborhood full of perfect fruit.

Things that amuse me:

Spying on the neighbors

8Alcide013

8Alcide033

I like that picture because it shows the Spire Cut Tiberium growing in the window.

8Alcide041

Uncle Tommy tries to help out with child care, but apparently he isn’t that good at it.

Gnome Sightings:

8Alcide015

8Alcide040

8Alcide053

8Alcide100

2 comments:

  1. Sookie looks really exotic with her dark slanted eyes and blond hair. She's easily recognizable!

    ReplyDelete