Wednesday, September 8, 2010

The Werewolves of Baton Rouge—Four Weddings and Two Funerals

This post starts with Alcide becoming an adult.

Winchester Legacy554

Winchester Legacy559

Alcide Winchester

  1. Loves the Outdoors
  2. Artistic
  3. Athletic
  4. Family Oriented
  5. Handy

LTW—Reach the top of the Athletic Career

You may be wondering who some of the party guests are.  One of them is Andres March.  He’s a firefighter that came to the house in response to the birthday cake fire and a fireplace fire.  Christy’s had a major crush on him since she was a little girl, but he’s way older than her.  His bravery in the face of danger just wooed her.  As a teen, they can just be friends, but she’s really got a thing for him.  They hang out and train together, and when one of them has a rough day (Andre burned his hand on the job one day), they comfort each other.

Winchester Legacy546

Winchester Legacy551

Winchester Legacy550

Amber’s guy, Rene Cormier, became a teen, and they became boyfriend/girlfriend right away.

Winchester Legacy560

Winchester Legacy566

Jessie’s really getting along in years.  He knows the time is coming so he decides to visit his grandchildren one more time before he’s too elderly to do so.

Winchester Legacy568

Unfortunately I timed it wrong and he died on Matty’s lot, really, really upsetting Matty, Brenna, and Sam.  I also learned that this meant my Legacy house couldn’t have a funeral for him.  Matty’s house could, though.  You can only have a funeral at the house the sim actually died at.

Winchester Legacy570

Winchester Legacy574

Matty had to deliver the bad news to his mom.

Winchester Legacy580

They buried Jessie in the backyard of the Legacy house.  My first sims 3 death.  *sniff sniff*  Jessie lived a good life.  He is survived by his wife, Morgana, his six beautiful children and two grandchildren.  During his life Jessie reached the top of the military career and protected the lives of the citizens of Sunset Valley.  He dedicated himself to fitness, becoming a marathon runner and hitting 75 hours of cardio workouts.  And Jessie was always one to fix up things around the house, achieving both the plumber and tinkerer skill challenges.  Jessie, you will be sorely missed!

Winchester Legacy578

Winchester Legacy585

Winchester Legacy589

Winchester Legacy617

I find it odd that Jessie died before Morgana.  They were the exact same age, and Jessie had achieved the marathon runner skill challenge which is supposed to extend life.  Oh well, there’s room in the house now, so Alcide can propose to a girl and get married.

The selection might surprise you.  He went through several potential girlfriends.  A few girls that looked very promising as children turned out to be awful girlfriends as teens.  The one I had thought I was going to pick turned ugly as teen.  Alcide was still interested in her, so I had Morgana question her to learn her personality.  Mean-spirited and hot headed!  No!  No!  Get away Debbie Pelt! (True Blood reference)  So I wouldn’t let him pick her.

The girl we went with is a bit older than Alcide.  I’d actually considered her for Matty at one point.  She’s the daughter of Theodore Lum.  Her brother is Lawrence Lum.  They are sims in the sim bin when you first start up the hood.  I played that family as my first sims 3 test family.  They had a girl too, but she looked nothing like this girl.  I don’t know how to parents with black hair have a daughter with white-blond hair.  But I thought it would be interesting to add her into my family tree in homage to that first sims 3 family I played.  Anyway, meet Frances Lum.

Winchester Legacy591

Winchester Legacy594

Winchester Legacy598

Winchester Legacy604

Frances Lum soon to be Winchester

  1. Dislikes Art
  2. Easily Impressed
  3. Hopeless Romantic
  4. Light Sleeper
  5. Slob

LTW—Golden Fingers Golden Tongue

Alcide’s really happy to be marrying her, but he can’t help missing his dad on this special day.  Toby was Alcide’s best man.

Winchester Legacy605

Winchester Legacy607

Winchester Legacy608

Winchester Legacy610

Winchester Legacy611

Alcide and Frances are moving out to their own house, but before they go, Morgana has a special wedding present for Frances.  Morgana has maxed her cooking skill, and I bought the oh so very expensive Ambrosia recipe, so I have Morgana make it and Frances drink it to align Frances’ age with Alcide’s.

Winchester Legacy654

Just in time, too, because Morgana passed on the next morning.

Winchester Legacy677

Two deaths so close together is too much for the children to handle.  And apparently death likes the view.

Winchester Legacy685

Winchester Legacy689

The girls console themselves and also find comfort with their significant others.

Winchester Legacy692

Winchester Legacy694

Winchester Legacy695

It’s bad timing, but it’s the girls’ birthday.

Winchester Legacy701

Christy Winchester

  1. Loves the Outdoors
  2. Brave
  3. Athletic
  4. Friendly
  5. Disciplined

LTW—Reach the top of the Special Agent branch of the Law Enforcement career

She looks a lot like her mother, but with her father’s hair.  I think she’s absolutely beautiful.

Winchester Legacy704

Winchester Legacy705

Alicia Winchester

  1. Loves the Outdoors
  2. Excitable
  3. Ambitious
  4. Friendly
  5. Flirty

LTW—Reach the top of the Medical Career

Matty is in medical, but it wasn’t his lifetime want, so I still want to achieve it as a lifetime want.

Winchester Legacy708

Amber and her boyfriend Rene age up together.

Winchester Legacy706

Winchester Legacy713

Amber Winchester

  1. Loves the Outdoors
  2. Good
  3. Artistic
  4. Hopeless Romantic
  5. Family Oriented

LTW—Illustrious Artist

Now that they’re adults, the girls are know who they want to marry.  It’s just a matter of getting an engagement ring out of the guy, or in Christy’s case confessing her attraction.

Alicia and Connor’s proposal:

Winchester Legacy742

Winchester Legacy733

Winchester Legacy717

Connor Baum soon to be Winchester

  1. Loves the Outdoors
  2. Flirty
  3. Schmoozer
  4. Athletic
  5. Snob

LTW—Perfect Nectar Cellar

Yeah, I think I’m changing that one.  It seems awful hard and not so much fun.  I think I’ll put him in the business career and let him have a nectar hobby, but that cellar sounds like a full time commitment I’m not willing to make.

Christy finally confesses her attraction to Andres.  “Andres, I . . . I want to tell you something.  We’re best friends, right?  But, I’ve got a confession to make.  I’ve . . . I’ve had a crush on you since I was a little girl.  I know you’re a lot older than me, but . . . but I love you, and no one understands me like you do, and I just want to be with you the rest of my life, and if you could return those feelings just a little bit . . .”

Andres:  “Christy, I love you too.  Any man would be happy to have you as his wife.  You’re beautiful and friendly and we have so much in common.”

Christy:  “Oh, Andres!”

Winchester Legacy736

Winchester Legacy739

Winchester Legacy749

Andres March soon to be Winchester

  1. Easily Impressed
  2. Lucky
  3. Handy
  4. Clumsy (that’s right, Andres the clumsy firefighter, LOL)
  5. Brave

LTW—Reach Top of Science Career (Definitely changing that one.  He’s a firefighter, not a scientist.)

Andres was a firefighter.  I thought it would be awesome to have a firefighter marry into the family, but I learned that when he joined the family, he lost his firefighter job!  :-(  I’m going to have to buy Ambitions so he can be a firefighter.  I just have to.  That’s why Christy picked him.

I’m also going to have to do something about his age.  He’s halfway through adulthood on his way to elder, and I don’t have anyone that can make him Ambrosia at the moment.  I do have a lot of lifefruit from  Toby’s garden, though, so I guess we can keep him at his current age that way for a while until someone can make Ambrosia.

Rene realizes as it’s wedding time that he’s forgotten to propose to Amber until just now.  They just ARE a couple, soulmates, no asking required, but he wanted to get down on one knee and do it right for her.

Winchester Legacy764

Winchester Legacy767

Winchester Legacy748

Rene Cormier

  1. Natural Cook
  2. Athletic
  3. Good
  4. Friendly
  5. Family Oriented

LTW—Become a Chess Legend

In my roleplay, Rene is a football player, and not a very bright one.  I’m going to play it like he wants to learn strategy.  Chess strategy could apply to the football field.  So he’s going to be an athlete that works hard learning strategy.

It’s time for a triple wedding!  My apologies for the quality of some of these pictures.  It looked FINE when I was playing it, but I think my graphics card wasn’t functioning perfectly, because after playing when I checked out the pictures, there were tons of graphical glitches, the shots were all dark, some of the shots were completely blank, etc.  Now of all times.  But hopefully I managed to get enough so that you can see this gorgeous triple wedding.

Connor and Alicia:

Winchester Legacy826

Winchester Legacy775

Winchester Legacy777

Winchester Legacy779

Amber and Rene:

Winchester Legacy782

Winchester Legacy784

Winchester Legacy788

Winchester Legacy790

Christy and Andres:

Winchester Legacy755

Winchester Legacy796

Winchester Legacy800

Winchester Legacy805

Winchester Legacy807

I guess it’s really time to pick an heir.  And the heir is . . . . Amber and Rene.  I’m going to let Toby and Allyson live in the house for a while.  Toby wants to keep working on the garden, and if the others move out we have room for kids.  Also a side note on naming.  I messed up and had Allyson initiate that wedding, so it’s Toby and Allyson Dubose.  I could change it at city hall, but I think I’ll leave it.  It suits their personalities.  Amber and Rene wanted to be Cormier, so I let them.  Everyone else is Winchester.  So it’s kind of non-legacy like that the ones staying in the house don’t have the Winchester name, but it will add variety to the names in my neighborhood, and I’m cool with it.

Amber and Rene celebrate their honeymoon by looking out over the view that is now theirs.

Winchester Legacy815

Winchester Legacy820

Winchester Legacy822

Winchester Legacy825

They actually get pregnant on their honeymoon night.

Winchester Legacy836

Winchester Legacy864

Rene spends all of his time jogging to get in shape for his sports career, and of course working on his chess ranking.  He also loves cooking for the family.  I hope to get him to level 10 cooking so he can make Ambrosia and give it to Andres sometime.

Winchester Legacy852

Winchester Legacy883

Winchester Legacy854

Rene is such a good guy, he insists on donating money to charity all the time.  He’s going to start his very own charity for underprivileged children and children who can’t read.

Winchester Legacy884 

Amber wants to be a full-time writer.  I don’t have Ambitions yet, but when I do, I’m going to register her as a self-employed writer.  She spends her days and nights writing and painting illustrations for her stories.  I actually have her writing the Southern Vampire Mysteries (Sookie Stackhouse novels) as romance novels, titling each book she writes after the series.

Winchester Legacy851

Winchester Legacy873

Toby and Allyson have been trying for a baby for some time.  They finally succeed a day after Amber and Rene.  Their children can grow up together, aww.

Winchester Legacy858

Winchester Legacy861

Toby is such a good spouse, giving Allyson backrubs all the time.

Winchester Legacy881

Baby time!

Winchester Legacy885

Winchester Legacy886

Winchester Legacy889

Why do my sim women always look so unhappy when they come home from the hospital?  I guess sim labor is rough.

Winchester Legacy890

Winchester Legacy891

Winchester Legacy917

Daniel Cormier

  1. Loves the Outdoors
  2. Grumpy

That night I got my first sims 3 ghost haunting!  Morgana!  Amber saw her and went to interact with her.  This is sooooo awesome!

“Mom, I’m so sorry.  There were so many things I wanted to say before you passed away.”

Winchester Legacy893

Morgana:  “Don’t you worry about that, honey.  How are you?”

Amber:  “I’m great, Mom.  I just had a baby.”

Winchester Legacy895

Morgana:  “A baby!  Oh how wonderful!  And tell me; how’s your brother, Toby.  I worry about him, you know?  Always have.  My loner boy.”

Winchester Legacy896

Amber:  “He’s great, Mom.  He and Allyson are expecting a baby now too.”

Morgana:  “Grandbabies!  I’m going to have more grandbabies.  That makes four.  Ohhh!”

Winchester Legacy900

Amber:  “I love you, Mom.”

Winchester Legacy901

Morgana checked on the occupants of the house that night before going back to her resting place.

Winchester Legacy903

Winchester Legacy904

Allyson went into labor the next day.  Really, Rene?  You’re wife just had a baby yesterday.  You don’t remember what to do and are freaking out again?

Winchester Legacy913

Another bundle of joy comes home.  Note how thrilled Allyson is.

Winchester Legacy919

Winchester Legacy920

Christopher Dubose

  1. Loves the Outdoors
  2. Light Sleeper

In retrospect, I kind of wish maybe I’d made Christy the heir, but I was worried about Andres’ age.  What do you all think of my choice of heirs?  I have a family planned for Amber, and hopefully I have a fun heir out of it.  Don’t worry, all of the spares will be followed and blogged as well.

3 comments:

  1. the wedding photos were just fine. :) I never noticed that sim women looked unhappy after having babies. I will have to pay more attention next time! I am usually playing to get a move on..and don't look. Ha.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amber has the family's original colouring, so it's a YES from me :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have always liked Amber, so it's a go for me too. Also, wow. I really love that you can interact with ghosts. Okay, one point in the positive column for sims 3. :P

    ReplyDelete